Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Artist Spotlight: Timothy Archibald


San Franciso-based photographer, Timothy Archibald, began photographing his 5 year old son Elijah's unique perspective on the world, as a way to cope when Elijah was diagnosed with autism.  While photographing his son's interactions with the world around him, Archibald began to realize he had to give up control and "follow his son's lead".  He said, "I never wanted [Eli] to think that he was normal. I wanted him to be aware of how different he was and see that as an asset."

In these photos, you can see how a child with autism appreciates aspects of the world that we can completely overlook and ignore.  I think Elijah's world is beautiful, and I definitely think his father's acceptance and appreciation of his son's differences has made it more so.  

I am in LOVE with these photos.













(via My Modern Met)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment