Monday, June 24, 2013

Artist Spotlight: Berndnaut Smilde


Ever since I was a little girl, I have had a love affair with clouds.  When I felt sad or overwhelmed by what was going on around me...I would lie in the grass and stare up at the clouds.  The only thing that has been consistent through our lives.  The sky looks the same no matter how much the world around us changes. 

Well...Berndnaut Smilde is not only an artist...I believe he may also be a genius.  Through the perfect combination of humidity, temperature and light, he has been able to create clouds... indoors.  It is simply from my dreams.  Can you imagine walking into a room and seeing a cloud lingering in the air...looking as if it could disappear at any moment.  I know that if I were stumble upon one...I would be scared to look away...it would hold my attention and breath until it disappeared.  

TIME magazine has named this creation made through art and science as one of the "Best Inventions of the Year 2012".  I whole-heartedly agree.  LOVE is not big enough of a word : )




 (images from Berndnaut Smilde's webpage via Mashable)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment