Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pay It Forward #6: Show love through food


I just realized the other day, I have not posted a "Pay it Forward" in a while.  It's not that I have forgotten about my Pay It Forward campaign.  In fact, I have thought a lot about it.  My previous Pay it Forward posts have been geared towards anonymous gifts...and I LOVE doing that. But as I have gone through the past weeks, I have been a bit bummed about not finding the time to coordinate a Pay it Forward.  And then I remembered that a Pay it Forward does not have to be anonymous.  Helping the people you know and the people you love is a wonderful way to remind them that you are keeping them close to your heart.  The purposeful things that we do, the actions we take, can change the direction our day and theirs can go. 

Sometimes, one of the best and easiest ways to show you care, is to make food for someone.  Ava asked me not too long ago why we were taking a meal to a friend, and I explained how cooking is not only about feeding someone as much as showing that you care for them.  We cook for people for many different reasons- because they are sick, they are super busy, they need a pick-me-up, or we just want to pass along a "Love You" reminder. 

There are a few things you can do to make taking a meal to someone extra special-

  • Consider their favorite foods when deciding what to cook.  Keep everything as separated as possible so everyone can make their meal according to their preferences.  


  • Even though I love a pretty presentation, sometimes convenience is a better gift than pretty dishes.    


  • It's a meal, but that doesn't mean you can't add a little flair : )  A hand written note with instructions and a little bit of color from flowers can make your meal seem even warmer. 




Keep sharing the love : )

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment