Monday, May 6, 2013

Design Inspiration: Cross-stitching



Cross-stitching...something I think every girl has attempted at least once.  I have always LOVED tedious things...purely for the challenge of it.  But I banned cross-stitching from my life when I was 11, knowing I would never think upon it again.  I had been  attempting a ballet shoe pattern and thought I was doing famously...until I wasn't,  and I realized I hadn't been doing well for some time.  I didn't have the energy to undo and redo, so I pitched it, vowing to never pick it up again.

"Never" is a very long time.  And I have found the inspiration to give cross-stitching one more chance.  It all started with this door embroidered with the word "Hello".  I fell in love.  This door tells you everything you need to know about the people who live inside.  I LOVE that.  The search was on for all the cool ways cross-stitching has been reinvented in design. 

You can decorate with it...
via

via

via

via
via

via

via

And you can accessorize with it...

via

via


via

via

via

via

via

I have regained my love for this hated past time.  I am not sure where...or how many times...but you will see cross-stitching in my home some day soon.



Pin It


3 comments:

  1. This is a very nice collection and you select a very good thing for this blog and I am impressed by your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very attractive design. good design. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cross-stitching has been around for centuries and has evolved into a popular craft among all ages. As an art form, cross-stitching offers a diverse range of designs that are simple to execute and can be made to look like anything from a colorful, fun scene to a realistic-looking image. Online Book Proofreading Services

    ReplyDelete