Monday, March 4, 2013

My favorite ideas for St. Patrick's Day...


Irish Blessing
What better way to start the day than with a beautiful Irish blessing.  This art print is available through the LiliandVal Etsy shop which you can find here


Party Popcorn
I love this idea- sweet and salty popcorn that is  perfect for any occasion, but the green and white sprinkles definitely bring a St. Patrick's Day flair.  Made of 3 ingredients- popcorn, white chocolate and sprinkles...I think I am in love.  You can find the recipe here at My Baking Addiction. 


Lil' leprechaun
This leprechaun onesie and hand dyed striped leg warmers are almost too cute for words.  The Etsy shop kakabaka, found here, has a few options in leprechaun gear for your little one- all of them are absolutely adorable.


Shamrock Juice
This St. Patrick's Day inspired drink looks tasty, fresh and....bright green.  The secret ingredient- lime popsicles.  Creative Juice shares the recipe here.  


Bells of Ireland
It is impossible to go wrong with this beautiful and simple flower arrangement.  Bells of Ireland are beautiful combined with other flowers, but I especially love them all by themselves.  Image is through Better Homes and Gardens.  


Traditional Fare
Closet Cooking shared his recipe for this tasty looking Apricot Glazed Corned Beef and Col-cannon recipe.  It has quickly become my top-runner for St. Patrick's Day Dinner.  You can find the recipe here


Entertaining with Clover
Bright green clovers are a wonderful way to brighten a table scape.  What I love the most...they can be found everywhere and they are free.   


Taste the Rainbow
I have seen rainbow cake, rainbow cookies, rainbow candy...but this is the first time I have seen rainbow rice krispy treats.  I have to say, that I love this colorful twist on an old favorite.  You can find the recipe and directions here courtesy of Raspberri Cupcakes. 


Beer & Bailey's
What would St. Patrick's Day be without stout and Irish cream.  This recipe for Chocolate Stout Cake with Bailey's Cream Cheese Frosting looks and sounds amazing.  I have been browsing through a lot of recipes for St. Patrick's Day, and I think this may be the winner for me.  You can find the recipe here at Closet Cooking. 


A charmed lunch
Imagine how surprised your little one would be if they opened their school lunch and saw this.  This little guy was created by Lisa Storms.  Visit her blog here to see how she made him come to life.  


Leprechaun Breakfast
My kids have been staring longingly at Lucky Charms in the grocery store for a few months.  When I saw this cute idea for a St. Patrick's Day breakfast...I thought this would be the perfect occasion to justify a little taste of this charmed cereal.  This idea was shared by Thoughtfully Simple and can be found here. 


Chewy Irish-Cream Blondies
I don't know that I need to say anything else : )  This recipe can be found here courtesy of Martha Stewart. 


Cooking with clover
I think this idea is genius.  Using spinach and a clover craft punch, you can create as many edible clovers as you want, for a variety of recipes.  Spinach is hearty enough to withstand the punch, and creates a clean and beautiful edge.  This idea was shared by Home is Where the Boat is. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment