Monday, March 11, 2013

Artist Spotlight: Jonty Hurwitz


One of the things I love most about artists is how they seem to thrive on showing their audience different perspectives of common subject matter.  I have never seen this done in a more astounding way than in the artwork by South African artist Jonty Hurwitz.  He has created sculptures that look like a swirling mess until you see their reflection in a cylindrical mirrored surface.  It is actually mind-bending when you consider all the steps that must have gone into the creation of such artwork.  Most people have a hard enough time creating art that looks realistic...but to create a sculpture that looks like nothing until you see it's reflection...I have no words- except maybe... AMAZING!!!






A big thanks to my sister for introducing me to this amazing artwork : )  If you know of an artist that you absolutely adore, let me know.  I would love to share their artwork with all of you.  

(See more of his artwork at his website here.  All images via Colossal)



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment