Monday, March 18, 2013

AHHHHHHHH ! ! ! . . . it's the zombie run ! ! !


I don't know about you...but I can think of no better way to spend my day than running from zombies : )  Actually, I think I may be doing just that on May 19th-  The Zombie Run is coming to Charlotte... I can not wait!!!!

A friend and I ran in The Color Run in November, and I have been looking for the next fun run I would do, when I was told about the Zombie Run.  As soon as the words came out of my friend Vicky's mouth, I knew I had to do it.   I mean...seriously...how could I not?  Surprisingly, it has been a lot harder than I thought it would be to get people to join in my enthusiastic response to the news.  I will prevail though.  So...be on guard people...you may be receiving a phone call to join my team : )

The run begins with an overturned tanker- the source of the chemical causing the zombie invasion.


On the course, you will run through the military-controlled apocalypse zone and through the vaccination hydration center, all the while helicopters are hovering overhead and the military will try to hand out life saving face masks. Honestly...who would not want to participate?


If you don't want to run from zombies...maybe you would want to do the chasing instead- you can sign up as a runner, or you can choose to be a zombie.  As a zombie, you will get a professional makeover to help your transformation from run-of-the mill human into flesh-eating zombie. 


It all ends in the quarantine zone where the zombies and humans make nice...listen to music...eat some grub...and take some pictures together to commemorate the occasion.





You can register for the Charlotte Zombie Run here.  If you don't live in Charlotte, you can look to see if the Zombie Run is coming to your city here.

I hope to see you there : )


(all images are from the official Charlotte Zombie Run website)


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment