Friday, February 15, 2013

Pay It Forward #3: Valentines in the city


It just so happens that my Pay It Forward this week fell on Valentine's Day. It is sometimes hard to separate Valentine's Day from sweet treats, so I thought I would embrace it instead.  

I started out by printing this free Valentine's Day printable, from Twig and Thistle onto some small white paper bags - 75 in total. 



I then had one of my very own valentines help me whip up a few batches of these cookies and these macaroons



After they had all properly cooled, I cut out some parchment paper and lined the bags, and then stuffed them with the cookies. 



Jason met Isabella and me down town, and walked with us as she gave valentines to policemen, landscapers, servicemen, street musicians, the homeless...everyone she thought needed a little love.  It ended up being a great day with a lot of tasty treats shared. 



We returned home with just a few bags left over which Isabella said she deserves to keep since she worked so hard : ) We'll have to see about that.

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day! 

Keep sharing the love : )

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment