Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pay It Forward #2: Message in a bottle


Sometimes...inspiration and encouragement can come from the most unexpected places.  That was the idea behind this week's "pay it forward".  Short and sweet words of encouragement can change a person's day...and maybe even their direction.

It started with some of my favorite quotes...ones I have collected throughout the years...ones I look to on days that are harder than most.  I printed the quotes on some pretty paper...


...and cut them into strips. 


I put a small drop of super glue on the end of the paper strip and placed the end of a 3" piece on string into the glue and folded the paper over.


I then rolled the quotation tightly around a toothpick.  


I bought some small corked bottles at a craft store.  These are Tim Holtz brand and can be found at many craft stores. 


I dropped each quote into one of the bottles and then...


...attached a "pay it forward" tag.


When the string is pulled, the message comes uncoiled and can be pulled out of the bottle.



I left some of the bottles as they were, and I tied jute string around a few so that I could hang them, as well as set them on different surfaces.  


Just like last week's "pay it forward", I left these cute message bottles everywhere I went today...with the hope that they find someone who will be just as inspired as I was by the contents inside of them.  



How did you Pay It Forward this week?  

Keep sharing the love : )



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment