Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Saturday Song...

As the years go by, friends that you had as a child make new friends, they go to different schools, they move to different places and inevitably your lives go in slightly ...and sometimes drastically...different directions.  It has always made me so sad to think of friendships that I have had, and no longer do...people who I truly miss and that I wish were still in my life.  This was the case a few years ago, when Jason and I lived out in Kansas City.  We moved more than 1000 miles from everyone we knew and loved.  And I felt almost all of my friendships weaken and sometimes disappear.  Distance does that so easily. 

So, I was very excited when a group of my high school girlfriends started planning an annual trip- we meet up in one of the cities we live in, and rotate to another city the next year.  It has been wonderful to know that even if we do not talk for an entire year, we are going to see each other again and catch up with all we have missed.  We have been to Huntsville, Raleigh, Charleston, New York City and this year we are meeting in...Charlotte!  The city where I live.  A stay-cation!!!  I have always wanted to do it, and now I have the perfect excuse.

So, here's my Saturday song...and I feel I need to explain.  I clearly remember having the eight of us girls piled into a car that was way too small for all of us to be crammed into...the windows were down...this song was on the radio...and we were all singing it at the top of our lungs.  I know this dates us terribly, but I felt the need to reminisce.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend : )


***PS***
Have you ever been on a stay-cation?  And if you have...did you see a side to your city that you hadn't seen before?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment