Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pay It Forward Challenge-


I have been thinking about something...a thought that began a while ago, but really took shape on New Year's Eve.  I was not sure what this would look like...other than I knew it was going to be a challenge...a VERY rewarding challenge : )

Over the holidays, I was "treated" four different times by four different strangers.  On each of these occasions, I was having less than an ideal day...driving up to pay for an order... being told that the person in front of me had paid for me.  It was such a simple thing...an AMAZING thing...that left me smiling all day.  It wasn't much...actually, each time it was $3.19.  But that is not the point.  The point is that someone, who I did not know, thought about giving to someone else, and that someone just so happened to be me.

I LOVE this idea!

So over the next few weeks I have committed to pay it forward.  Each week, I am going to find someone...or even lots of someones that I can "pay it forward" to.  I hope to find as many ways as I can to show people a small act of kindness, in the hopes that they will pass it on...and on...and on. So all I have to say now is...

You are invited!

Please join me in this challenge.  I would love to hear any ideas you have...the more creative, the better. 

Here are just a few ideas to start us off-
  • Of course the first has to be if you are going through the drive-thru, you can pay for the person behind you.
  • Give blood
  • Volunteer wherever you can
  • "What I love most about you..." Send an anonymous note to a loved one
  • Leave a random note of kindness in a public place
  • Become a pen pal to someone who has no one
  • Give a compliment...give them often
  • Buy some time...put a quarter in an almost expired meter

The challenge starts this coming Monday- January 21st, 2013.

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment