Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Can't Wait!!!: Les Miserables

source

When I was a sophomore in high school, my parents went to London, and while there, they saw Les Miserables. They brought back the 10th anniversary cd set and I fell in love.  I listened to it all the time- it appealed to everything dramatic... and romantic ...and tragic within me.  It would be another 12 years before I saw the musical in person, but I am glad for it.  It's kind of like reading a book before you see the movie- it gives you time to envision every scene.  You become the director inside your own head.  For Les Mis, there has been a unique opportunity to read the book, watch the musical, hear the cd and now...see the movie.

With Tom Hooper, the director of "The King's Speech", and actors such as Hugh Jackman, Russel Crowe, Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter, it seems as if Les Mis will finally be brought to the big screen in all of it's glory.  I don't know if I will be rushing out on Christmas Day, (I have never gone to a movie on Christmas day), but you just might see me out there the day after.  Can't Wait!!!

 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment