Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Hair Series: the Waterfall Braid

source

I have gone a week without wearing a ponytail, and I feel oddly... liberated.  The ponytail had become a piece of my "mom uniform"- a piece that I have happily discarded.

Last week, I tried out and mastered the top knot.  This week I wanted to try out a down-do (?) - I don't even know if that's a word : )  I mean to say that I wanted to try a hairstyle that lets my hair stay down, but it still looks as if I exerted a little more effort than just brushing it.   To me, the waterfall braid is the perfect summer hairstyle- I love that it can be done on short or long hair, it can be dressed up or down and it looks light and carefree while being stylish.

source

source

source
source

source unknown

I like this video tutorial from Boat People...




Good luck with your waterfall braiding adventures!
I would love to know how it turns out : )

Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment