Here are some of my favorite tips for a simpler, more organized and more clean life at home this summer:
1. Turn a mason jar into a sugar dispenser -
I am ashamed that I never thought of this. Cut the top of your empty salt container to fit a mason jar ring. Screw it on and fill it up.
2. Reuse a squeeze bottle as a batter dispenser
No instructions necessary : )
3. How to fold a fitted sheet-
Directly from Martha Stewart. ( I have to admit that if I ever fold a fitted sheet and it ends up looking like the one above...I will throw myself a party).
1. Stand holding the sheet by the two adjacent corners of one of the shorter edges. With the sheet inside out, place one hand in each of these two corners.
2. Bring your right hand to your left, and fold the corner in your right hand over the one in your left, enveloping it. Next, reach down and pick up the corner that is hanging in front; bring it up, and fold it over the two corners in your left hand; the corner that's showing will be inside out.
3. Bring the last corner up, and fold it over the others; with its right side showing, it should envelop the other three corners.
4. Lay the folded sheet on a flat surface and straighten it into the shape shown.
5. Fold the two edges in so all the elastic is hidden.
6. Fold the sheet into a rectangle.
7. Continue folding until the rectangle is the size you want it to be.
4. Keep brown sugar fresh-
Toss a couple of marshmallows in with your brown sugar to keep it soft.
Soak gunked-up nylon brushes in hot vinegar for up to 30 minutes to remove paint and soften the bristles. Afterward, wash them in hot, soapy water, brushing off paint as needed, then rinse and let dry—good as new.
6. Organize your cabinets-
Use small tension rods to organize your serving dishes and your baking pans
7. Keep your stove-top spotless-
Preserve a pristine stove-top by applying a thin layer of car wax, then wiping it off. Future spills will lift off easily.
8. Clean your iron-
Remove gunk from the soleplate of an iron. With the setting on low, rub the iron over the dryer sheet until the residue disappears, and you're left with a pristine press.
9. Remove sand painlessly-
Sprinkle some baby powder on your child's skin after a day at the beach and the sand will fall off painlessly.
10. Catch the drips-
Use a cupcake liner to catch all of the drips as your children enjoy those summer popsicles.