Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fabulous Food: The best salad


So, I was trying to think of some clever names for this salad, but I really couldn't think of anything other than... heaven.  I first made this salad on Valentine's Day...and since then, I have not been able to get it out of my head.  I crave it all of the time.  It's that good.


Start out with some mixed baby greens...


...add some sliced strawberries...


 ...some red onion...


 ...a few lightly candied pecans...


 ...and a few pieces of Applewood smoked bacon.


 Now for the crowning touch- Champagne Pear Vinaigrette with gorgonzola from Trader Joe's.


 I can tell you the combination of the salty bacon, sweet strawberries, tangy onion and nutty pecans topped off with this crazy good dressing is...heaven : )


Enjoy.  Really...sit back, close your eyes and enjoy : )


*if you don't have a Trader Joe's near you, a Lemon Poppyseed dressing or a Balsamic Vinaigrette would be good too.




No comments:

Post a Comment