Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This week's inspiration: Vintage circus


So, I have loved vintage circus imagery for forever.  And now, I have the opportunity to use it as an inspiration in a room I am designing.  My head is full of ideas...and I can not wait to see them come to life. 


Some...or maybe most...of you may have read the book Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen.  


I loved the book...and I was looking forward to seeing it come to the big screen.  What I loved most about the movie was the warmth that was brought to the imagery.  It was exactly what I envisioned when I looked at the vintage photographs that I loved from the early 1900's






(pictures copyright Fox 2000 Pictures)


 Here are a few of my favorite images from traveling circuses:   

















(circus photos courtesy of Wisconsin Historical Society)

I can't imagine the lives these people led.  I am sure it was anything but boring : )



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment