Thursday, February 2, 2012

My new favorite thing!

 
Have you ever looked at the first blank page of a notebook or journal and thought to yourself that whatever you write on that page will determine everything else that is written in that book?

For me, the hardest thing to write down is the first word.  That leads me to my new favorite thing. 

My very dear, best friend, Courtney gave me a book/journal that I am absolutely in love with.  The book is The True and The Questions by Sabrina Ward Harrison.   If you love art... if you love seeing the process behind someone's thoughts... if you love seeing the mistakes that lead to important revelations... then you will love this journal. 



This journal is not like other journals.  It is truly a perfect compilation of the author's thoughts which prompt a sharing of yours.  Every time I pick it up, I love it even more. 


I love the handwritten scrawl that runs throughout the book.




 There is not one blank page.


Instead of staring at it in a stupor, I read a little and it inspires me to fill the pages with new thoughts and musings, I have never explored.



 I love the messiness, because it is not messy at all.
 It is beautiful, because it is unapologetic.




I can't wait to write on some of these pages... 



 This is one of my favorites : )



 It is strange to explain, but I think for the first time, that whatever I write on these pages...I will not be thinking about who may read them later.  It is that kind of book, that beckons truth, and frees thoughts.  The creativity that exists there already makes it easy for you to think outside the box and continue the process. 




I am not sure what the pockets of my life are filled with, 
but I can't wait to figure it out.  



"Our task is to say a holy yes to the real things of our life as they exist...We must become writers who accept things as they are, come to love the details, and step forward with a "yes" on our lips so there can be no more noes in the world, noes that invalidate life and stop these details from continuing."

Natalie Goldberg, Writing Down the Bones




                   

No comments:

Post a Comment